DeGuide Implant kit
Implants are becoming increasingly common as a therapeutic choice within dental care. However, this contributes to an increasing occurrence of perimplantit which requires preventive measures and treatment. This means that it has to be simple for patients to clean their implants in order to achieve a good oral hygiene. Tilted and non-parallel implants are more difficult in this regard as prosthetic problems often are related to misplacements. Several private companies are developing new techniques to help dentists place implants correctly, including tilted distances and guided surgery through cbct. The potential harm in relation to its relative benefits of cbct x-rays for this purpose has not yet been examined. It is also yet unclear how this type of technique affects the patients’ quality of life.
It is therefore my honour to present a new wholly encompassing technique. It is a solution developed without cbct and it fits all types of implants.
Deguide – How it works
A DeGuide step by step manual/workflow
for parallellism when inserting implants
- In order to obtain a full accuracy of the distance to the next tooth as well as the correct position to the alveolar bone the guide drill must be used to drill the first hole. (pic1)
- Using the guide pin to accommodate the direction for the antagonist in opposing jaw.
If adjustment is needed this can be done in the next step. (pic2)
- Choose the De Guide block you need (6.9 or 7.5) and drill in the bone using the 2.0mm drill 8-12mm to make sure its straight against the antagonist.
- Use a Guide pin for control (pic3)
- Free hand drill with 2.5 mm drill.
- Free hand drill until the first implant is set
- Assemble the De Guide Block with the pin suitable to your implant system.
- Verify the desired distance by using the 2.0mm drill in the guide hole for placement of implant no 2. (pic4, pic5)
- Repeat step 5 – 7
- Your 2 parallel implants are now in place
- Repeat step 5-7 for additional implant placements until the final implant is in place.
Deguide – Benefits
- STRAIGHT PARALLELL IMPLANTS- No tilted implants
- Right position of the implants in relation to next implant or neighbouring teeth
- No extra radiations
- Less time
- Less costs
- For all implant systems